Thursday, August 30, 2012

Not Really Getting Any Better......

I'm really in a lot of pain.  So much so that I wonder everyday, why in the world am I doing this.  Why am I doing this to my body, to my wallet (won't even get into how much money I've spent on "gear"), to time I could be spending with my daughter, to my mind (lack of adequate rest), to my body.  Since I have started this journey I walk like an old lady.  My hips are in constant pain.  So much so that I walk doubled over and I feel like I need a cane.  No amount of pre/post stretching seems to help.  I fear I will be walking like this and enduring the hip pain for the next six months.

Since I started running I've gained 8 pounds...ehh?????  Not going to say I've started eating any better, but I haven't been eating worse.  My bad habits haven't changed.  Some say it's muscle; I sure don't look any leaner.  Nor do I see the rippling effects I think 8 pounds should produce on a body.  I guess only time will tell.

The group run went well this week.  Nothing too exciting except....during the last leg of the run a biker totally bit it on the bike path. I mean it looked serious enough to call the ambulance.  He said he was fine and just a little embarrassed; that only his ego was hurt.  But he crashed (face first/nose dived) straight into a yellow pole designating a crosswalk.  He flipped over and landed on his head.  Our mentor said we were not at fault as we were crossing the path at the time of the crash.  He agreed, but dang it looked really REALLY bad.

My weekly runs have been rather uneventful.  I do feel that my stamina has increased.  During the first 2 to 3 miles I seem to do really well.  Unfortunately, the last mile seems to really take a toll on me and it a tremendous effort to finish.  I will admit that I am a little under the weather so that might have something to do with it.  I guess I'll see next week.  I still hate running but it's getting a little better/easier as the days, weeks, months go by......

No comments:

Post a Comment