Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fuel, Hydration, Nutrition (Part 1)

Fuel:

Went out and purchased an assortment of various gels, bars, shots, etc.



Nothing really seems to be working. The bars do not give me energy.  The gel shots were not to nice in my mouth. They somewhat fill me up, but I'm ALWAYS hungry now a days so they do not do much.  Don't really know what else to do.  I'm definitely eating more and try as I may to "load" up on carbs, my stamina has not improved.

If all else fails, I'm a sucker for gummy bears/worms.  So I can snack on those during my "long runs."  Geesh, I still don't even like typing "long runs." So out of character for me and still very very scary.

Hydration:

Coconut water-not very tasty but I suppose it gets the job done during the runs.

Power aid-flavored water that does not always taste good and makes my stomach a little queasy.

Water-the best after a long run, or any run for that matter.  Still my favorite by far, but only when its ice cold.

Nutrition:

Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. Lots and lots of deeply rich and dark colored assortments of natures finest (I don't know if that sentence made sense but I don't really care).  I can say my digestion is much better than it has ever been, but that is about it.  I don't feel any better than when I was eating strictly homemade crap.  Maybe just a little lighter ;D

I feel I do have an aversion to fast food. Not necessarily unhealthy foods, but just food served at fast food restaurants.  I was never really a fast food person per say.  I've been known to throw down on some McDonald's chicken nuggets and fries, and some of the other chains have stuff I really do like.  But lately I find myself not even wanting to eat anything that has been "prepared" at a fast food restaurant   I feel like I'm becoming one of those people I hate.  "Oh lawd have mercy, that's sooooo unhealthy for you."  "Oh my god, Becky. Look at that fat."  I turn up my nose at just the thought/idea/notion of eating fast food.  What have I become (insert sad-very sad-unsmiley face).

Conclusion:

Started on one of my midweek runs.  During the last leg (damnit, its always ALWAYS the last friggin leg), I had to call my mother to pick me up. I lost all momentum and could not finish to the run. It was either that or risk walking, very slowly, back home in the dark and begin kidnapped or eaten by wild animals.....I chose to call my mother :(

Still not giving up......

No comments:

Post a Comment